Friday, June 3, 2011

I Now Pronounce You 00011101010011101


Today I am indulging in one of my favorite topics. Robots. I love them, and if I had known that a robot minister was an option when my husband and I got married, I would have jumped all over that. Yes, a robot minister. A couple in Japan used a robot named I-Fairy that wore a wreath of flowers to perform their rooftop ceremony at a restaurant in Tokyo. Of course, the robot was not programmed completely for the ceremony, so a man sitting behind a curtain programmed in the commands for the robot during the ceremony. So we are almost there, but not quite. 

                Unusual, yes. But is this the future? Possibly. Robots in mainstream America are not as prevalent, as Americans have not yet warmed to the idea of having companions made out of metal. But Japanese culture has embraced robots as their friends. This wacky wedding story is testimony to that. So could this attitude of acceptance cross the ocean to our front door? I don’t know, but I have to give this couple props for their ingenuity and playful attitudes. Oh, and if you are thinking of getting one of these little guys for your ceremony, I would consider my budget first.  The price tag is a whopping 68K, but the good news is you won’t have to pay much for shipping and handling, because out of the three of these robots in the world, there is already one in the US. 

I hope everyone has a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment